SpecSys6 Analysis services provide economic and engineering simulations and calculations during the design development to verify your desired goals will be achieved from both functional and operational specifications as well as within your cost value propositions and requirements.
Utilizing the SpecSys6 Analysis capabilities offers you the ability to:
- Reduce rework during product qualification testing
- Leverage your CAD models into the top two industry leading FEA packages
- Receive a robust and independent review of your electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems including a detailed test report and interpretation of results
- Analyze financial data in addition to system data
- Mitigate future risk of field rework campaigns and reduce warranty exposure
We specialize in both linear and non-linear Finite Element Analysis (FEA). A long held belief amongst FEA experts is that accurate boundary conditions and load cases are vital to the value of the end results. During Linear FEA, we determine the stresses and displacement in mechanical structures loaded within the elastic limit of the material through ANSYS and Solidworks Simulation. During non-linear FEA, we load the material beyond the elastic limits using ANSYS NLS.
- The determination of stresses and displacements in mechanical structures loaded within the elastic limit of the material
- Solidworks Simulation
- The determination of stresses and displacements in mechanical structures loaded beyond the elastic limits of the material
- ANSYS NLS
Steps to setting up an FEA include:
- Develop part as a 3D design in CAD
- Import 3D into FEA software
- Apply mesh to 3D part
- Apply boundary conditions to mesh
- Apply load conditions to mesh
- Define material properties
- Add thermal loads
- Run model
- Debug for errors & adjust
- Re-run model
We also specialize in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) in order to predict the behavior of fluids and the effect of fluid motion within your hydraulic system, whether designed by SpecSys, you or a 3rd party.
We can perform Motion Analysis to evaluate mechanical performance through operational movement using rigid body motion analysis through Solidworks Simulation.